Earlier this year I made some “Whiteboard cloths” and hung them on command hooks by my whiteboards. They have been AMAZING! I wash them once a week and my boards have never been cleaner. My granddaughter (age 2) even uses them to clean the board after doodling.
When my daughter needed some new whiteboard erasers I told her I would make some. She has some wipe off dots around her classroom to write on. You can see two in the photo below right behind my granddaughter. There is a lime green one below the blue one. These dots got me thinking…
Round cloths in colors to match her room would be fun. …and so the “Cleaning Spots” were born. These could be used to clean whiteboards, dishes, or in the bath too.
Cleaning Spots Pattern
The crochet pattern for this scrubber is available for free below.
A downloadable, ad-free pattern that includes the instructions and all pictures will also available to purchase from my Ravelry Shop soon.
- Yarn: 100% cotton
- Crochet Hook: I (5.5mm)
- Misc: yarn needle for securing ends.
- Size: 6.5” across
- Gauge: not needed for this project
1. With an I hook and yarn, start with a magic circle of 5 sc sts (or preferred method for starting a circle of 5 sc sts), pull closed and place a marker for working in the round. (5sts)
2. 2sc in each st to end of round. (10sts)
NOTE: Work in BLO (back loops only) for each round from this point on.
3. (sc, hdc) in next st, 2hdc in each st to end of round. (20sts)
4. *hdc, 2hdc in next st*, repeat to end of round. (30sts)
5. *hdc 2, 2hdc in next st*, repeat to end of round. (40sts)
6. *hdc 3, 2hdc in next st*, repeat to end of round. (50sts)
7. *hdc 4, 2hdc in next st*, repeat to end of round. (60sts)
8. *hdc 5, 2hdc in next st*, repeat to end of round. (70sts)
9. *hdc 6, 2hdc in next st*, repeat until 7 sts remain, hdc 6, (hdc, sc) in the last st. (80sts)
10. Sl st in the next st. This is the new start of the round. Work in both loops from this point on. This step creates the hanger at the top of the cloth. Ch 1, 2sc in the same st, sc 7, 2sc in the next st, sc in the next st, ch 7, sk 5, sc in the next st, *2sc in the next st, sc 7*, repeat to end of round, sl st in the first st to join. (90sts)
11. Ch 1, 2sc in the same st, sc 9, *2sc in the next st, sc 9*, repeat to end of round, sl st to join. (101sts)
12. Sl st in each st to end of round. Finish off and weave in ends.