I am ready for spring and flowers in my yard. I added these colorful flowers to a gift card I made for a friend. I’ve added the instructions for my Handmade Gift Card so you can make one too.
They would be cute as pins or embellishments on anything.
Small Crocheted Flowers and Leaves
Yarn: Small amounts of cotton yarn. Samples were made from Red Heart Creme de la crem
Misc: 1 large button per flower, yarn needle
Instructions – Flowers
- With an H hook and yarn, start with a magic loop of 5 sts (or preferred method for starting a circle of 5 sc sts), pull closed and sl st to join. (5sts)
- Ch 2, 2hdc in each st to end of round, sl st to join. (10sts)
- Ch 2, *(dc, tr, dc) in next st, ch 2, sl st in next st*, repeat to end of round, creating 5 petals. Finish off, leaving a tail for sewing through button.
Pull both yarn tails to back of flower and tie in a knot. Use one yarn tail and a yarn needle to sew a button to the top for the flower center.
Repeat for additional flowers.
Instructions – Leaves
- With an H hook and green yarn, start with a magic loop of 8 sts (or preferred method for starting a circle of 8 sc sts), pull closed, but do not join. (8sts)
- (sc, hdc) in next st, dc in next st, ch 1, sc in side of dc, sc in same st as dc, sc in next st, sl st in next st.
- Finish off and weave in ends (unless tail is needed for sewing leaf to a project).