The new Snappy “Tots Beanies and Stuffies” pattern was a big hit! They are so bright and cheery so let’s make more. “Sigmund”, the loopy blue haired guy, is the first in a wash cloth series. Watch for the other 3 (and maybe a few cousins) to follow.
Sigmund Wash Cloth
Materials and Instructions
- Yarn: Less than 100 yards ww cottonl Sample – 2 shades turquoise blue, lime green, black
- Crochet Hook: H (5mm)
- Miscellaneous: yarn needle
- Measurement: 6″ across
- With H hook and lime green yarn, start with a magic circle of 8 sts (or preferred method for starting a circle of 8 sc sts), pull closed and sl st to join. (8sts)
- Ch 1 (counts as a stitch throughout pattern), 2 sc in next st and in each stitch until one st remains, sc in last st. Sl st to join. (16sts)
- Change to light blue yarn. Ch 2, 2hdc in next st and in each st until one st remains. Hdc in last st. Sl st in top of beginning chain to join. (32sts)
- Ch 2, *2 hdc in next st, hdc 3,* repeat to end of round, sl st to join. (40sts)
- For this step, see the graphic below. Change to turquoise blue yarn. Ch 1, turn. *2 loop st in next st, loop st 4,* repeat 3 more times, *2sc in next st, sc 4,* repeat to end of round, sl st to join. (48sts)
6. Ch 1. loop st 7, 2 loop st in next st, repeat 2 more times, sc 7, 2sc in next st, repeat to end of round, sl st to join. (54sts)
7. Ch 2, turn, 2hdc in next st, hdc 8, repeat to end of round, sl st to join. (60sts)
8. Ch 1, sc 5, * 2sc in next st, sc 9,* repeat until 5 sts remain, sc 5, sl st to join. (66sts)
With yarn needle and black crochet cotton stitch eyes and mouth. Weave in all yarn tails to secure.
Wash Mitt Variation: Make two wash cloths, either as shown, in different colors, or one solid. Place cloths wrong sides together, then sew outer edge, leaving an opening across the bottom to slide a hand in or bar of soap.
Common Crochet Abbreviations
- Ch – chain
- Sl st – slip stitch
- St – stitch
- Hdc – half double crochet
- Sp – space; sps – spaces
- Dc – double crochet
- Sc – single crochet
- FPHDC – front post half double crochet
- BPHDC – back post half double crochet
- ** – repeat instructions between, as many times as indicated
This pattern is copyrighted to snappytots and may not be copied for resale in part or whole. It is illegal to post this pattern online or share with others without written consent from Heidi Yates. Items created from this pattern MAY be sold. Please include a link to snappy-tots.com if selling online.
Are you on Ravelry? Please add the “Sigmund Wash Cloth” pattern to your library and click the heart on the listing if you enjoyed the pattern.