We’ve all had that moment when we needed something right then but had very little time to make or buy it. Often, while traveling with our trailer, I run out of washcloths to use. I try to keep lots of cotton yarn with me so it is good to have a simple pattern to whip up. This is a simple cloth that is just the right size for dishes, removing makeup and even as a mug mat.
In a Jif Pattern
The crochet pattern for this dishcloth is available for free below.
- Yarn: 75 yards 100% cotton
- Crochet Hook: I (5.5mm)
- Notions: Yarn needle for weaving in ends
- Finished Measurements: 7″ wide x 6.5″ high
- Gauge: not needed for this project.
- First stitch of each row is worked into the same stitch as the turning chain.
- Numbers at the beginning of each line may refer to steps and not indicate number of rows.
- Stitch count remains the same unless noted at end of row/round.
- If you have any questions about this pattern please contact [email protected].
Reminder: FLO refers to the front loop as the piece is facing you. When you turn the piece, that side would then be the BLO.
1. With an I hook and cotton yarn, ch 28, sc in the 2nd ch from hook and in each ch across. (27sts)
2. Ch 1, turn, hdc in the same st, hdc in the BLO of the next 25 sts, hdc in the last st.
3. Ch 1, turn, hdc in the same st, hdc in the FLO of the next 25 sts, hdc in the last st.
4. Repeat steps 2-3 ten more times (12 hdc rows total).
5. Ch 1, turn, sc in the same st and in each st to end of row. Finish off and weave in the ends.
I hope you have enjoyed this quick and easy project.
Pin To Save For Later