This band is perfect for last minute gifts. I wanted a new, slightly chunky, headband that could fit a variety of sizes. This whips up in about an hour and takes less then 1 skein of Lion Brand Tweed Stripes.
Tweed Stripes is a soft and colorful yarn, available in many different colors. I LOVE this yarn and hope you will too.
Club Snappy Headband
Heavy worsted or bulky weight yarn in desired colors
Sample yarn – Lion Brand Tweed Stripes Orchid
Note: Worsted weight yarn can be used, but will be slightly smaller.
Gauge: 4 inches = 5 cluster stitches
Size: Adjustable to fit toddler – adult
Special Stitches: Cluster stitch: YO, insert hook in next st, pull up a loop, YO, insert hook in same st, pull up another loop (5 loops on hook), YO, pull hook through 4 loops, YO, pull through remaining 2 loops. Cluster made.
Note: Clusters need to be worked in the stitch, not in between stitches.
With J hook and bulky weight yarn, ch 58.
1. Sc in second ch from hook and in each ch across, ch 1, turn.
2. Sc in same st and in next 7, hdc 5, * Work 1 cluster in each st*, repeat from * to * for 31 clusters. Do NOT ch 1 after last cluster, hdc 5, sc 8, ch 1, turn.
3-6. Repeat row 2.
1. After last row is completed, turn piece to work across one of the short ends of the band. Ch 1, sc 6 sts evenly across end, ch 1, turn.
2. Sk 1, sc, ch 3, sk 3, sc 2, ch 1, turn.
3. Sc, sc 3 in ch 3 space, sc 2. Turn piece to work across beginning edge.
4. Sc in same st and in each st across.
5. Turn piece to work across last short end of band. Ch 1, sc 6 sts evenly across. Finish off and weave in ends.
Buttons: Sew two buttons to band with thread and needle. See picture above for placement. If adjustable band is not desired, check placement and attach only one button.
With J hook and matching yarn, start with a magic loop of 6sts, join and pull closed.
1. Ch 2, In same st, YO, pull up a loop, YO, pull up another loop (5 loops on hook), YO, pull hook through 4 loops, YO, pull through remaining 2 loops, *dc in next st, YO, pull up a loop, YO, pull up another loop (5 loops on hook), YO, pull hook through 4 loops, YO, pull through remaining 2 loops*, repeat to end of round. Join with sl st in top of first cluster.
2. Ch 2, 2tr in same st, (2tr, ch 2, sl st) in next st, *(Ch 2, 2tr) in next st, (2tr, ch 2, sl st) in next st*, repeat to end of round. Finish off and weave in ends.
Are you on Ravelry? Please add the “Club Snappy Band” pattern to your library and click the heart on the listing if you enjoyed the pattern.
Get the latest snappiness!