After making some little square cloths and finding so many uses for them, I decided to make more, small versions of some of my favorite cloths. I started with one of the quickest and easiest, Nancy’s Square Washcloths. I hope you will like this quick little project.
Similar patterns you might enjoy:
Mini Nancy Cloths Crochet Pattern
This pattern is available for free below.
Materials & Details
- Yarn: 30 yards 100% cotton per cloth. Sample yarn: Peaches & Creme
- Crochet Hook: H (5mm) or I (5.5mm)
- Misc: Yarn needle
- Measurement: 4″ square (or close)
1. Ch 3, sc in the 2nd ch from hook, 2sc in the next ch. (3sts)
2. From this point on, work each st in BLO. Ch 1, turn, 2sc in the same st, sc, 2sc in the last st. (5sts)
3. Repeat the previous row until there are 21sts.
4. Ch 1, turn, sc2tog, sc in each st until 2 sts remain, sc2tog. (19sts)
5. Repeat the previous row until there are 3 sts.
6. Ch 1, turn, sc2tog, sl st in the last st.
Either finish off the yarn and weave in the ends or continue to step 8 for an optional edging.
7. This step is worked around the outer edge of the piece. Ch 1, sc evenly around the square, working (sc, ch 1, sc) in each corner. Sl st in the first st to join. Finish off and weave in ends. The photos below show with (left) and without the edging.
I hope you enjoyed making this quick and easy project. I would love to see your creations. Please add your project to Ravelry and/or share online and include #snappytots.
Thanks for crocheting with me!
Please follow Snappy Tots on your favorites social media sites for giveaways, new release announcements, events and fun.
Check out my shop for over 600 patterns! Shop Now
Stay Up to Date with all things Snappy by receiving our newsletter. Get The Newsletter
If you have any questions, comments or suggestions please send me an email.