Hanging dish cloths are handy to have around and make a great gift. I was playing around with different ideas and wanted something unique. I like how this flips through itself, not needing a button.
Flower Power Cloth
Yarn: Red Heart creme de la creme worsted weight 100% cotton yarn – one skein solid and one skein variegated
Crochet Hook: I
Miscellaneous: yarn needle to weave in ends
Gauge: not necessary for this project
Pattern starts at bottom of towel.
1. With I hook and green yarn (or choice of color), ch 31, sc in 2nd ch from hook and in each ch across. (30sts)
2. Ch 2, turn, hdc in each st to end of row.
3. Change to a contrasting yarn (variegated in sample). Note: make sure the following section is not worked too tightly. Ch 1, turn, sc in each st to end of row.
4-10. Ch 1, turn, sc in each st to end of row.
11. Change back to starting yarn. Ch 2, turn, *sk 2, (sc, 2dc) in next st*, repeat to end of row. (10 clusters)
12. Repeat previous row for a total (including row #11) of 19 rows
13. Ch 1, turn, sk 1, *sc2tog, sc 4*, repeat to end of row. (25sts)
14. Ch 1, turn, *sc2tog, sc 3*, repeat to end of row. (20sts)
15. This step creates the opening slit at top of towel to slide the towel through. Ch 1, turn, sc 3, ch 16, sk 14, sc 3.
16. Ch 1, turn, sc2tog, sc, sc 16 around ch, sc, sc2tog. (20sts)
17. Ch 1, turn, sc in each st to end of row.
18. Change to variegated yarn (color for flower loops). Ch 1, turn, *sc2tog, sc 2*, repeat to end of row.
19. Ch 5, turn, Front Post sl st one row below, *ch 5, FPsl st one row below*, repeat to end of row.
20. Ch 5, turn, Front Post sl st one row below (row 18), *ch 5, FPsl st one row below*, repeat to end of row.
21. Ch 5, turn, sl st in first st, *ch 8, sk 1, sc2tog, sl st in next st*, repeat to end of row. (5 loops)
22. Ch 1, turn, *sc 5, hdc 2, dc 2, hdc 2, sc 5*, repeat around each loop.
Ch 1, turn, *sl st in each st around petal, FP SL ST around post (see photos below), ch 1*, repeat to end of row. Do not ch 1 at the end of the last repeat.
Finish off and weave in ends.
If you have any questions, comments or suggestions please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Items made from Snappy Tots’ patterns MAY be sold. Please include a link to snappy-tots.com if selling online.
Please do not use any photos or text from this pattern online or elsewhere without written consent from Heidi Yates. This pattern is copyrighted to snappy tots and may not be copied for resale in part or whole. It is illegal to post this pattern online or share with others without written consent from Heidi Yates.
Visit Snappy Tots online for giveaways, new release announcements, events and fun.