I’ve been loving little washcloths lately and have been using them for everything from a warm compress on my sinus’ to removing makeup. After making my “Wasatch Hanging Towel“, I loved the stitch combo so much that I wanted to make a mini version of those too. These are really quick to whip up.
More mini cloths to try:
Patterns with a similar stitch you might enjoy:
- Matching Washcloth: January Washcloth
- Matching Hand Towel: Wasatch Hand Towel
- Matching Scrubbie: January Scrubbie
Stitch Placement Help Video
Wasatch Mini Cloths Crochet Pattern
This pattern is available for free below. A downloadable ad-free pdf including this and 2 matching patterns is available to purchase from my Shop.
Materials & Details
- Yarn: 30 yards 100% cotton per cloth
Sample yarn: Peaches & Cream
- Crochet Hook: I (5.5mm)
- Notions: Yarn needle for weaving in ends
- Measurement: 4″ x 4.25″ (or close)
- Numbers at the beginning of each line may refer to steps and not indicate number of rows.
- Stitch count remains the same unless noted at end of row.
- If you have any questions about this pattern please contact [email protected].
1. With an I hook, ch 15, sc in the 2nd ch from hook and in each ch across. (14sts) Stitch count will remain the same for the entire cloth.
2. Ch 1, turn, hdc in the same st, *sk 1, (sc, dc in the next st)*, repeat until 1 at remains, hdc in the last st.
From this point on, the sts are worked between the clusters of the previous row instead of in the stitch.
3. Ch 1, turn, hdc between the first two posts, *sk 1, (sc, dc) between the next 2 clusters*, repeat until 1 st remains, hdc between the last 2 posts. (14sts)
4. Repeat the previous step for an additional 10 rows.
5. Ch 1, turn, sc in the same st and in each st to end of row. Finish off and weave in ends.