I got a little tired of making square cloths so I decided to make one with lots of layers. This spirals around and is fun and easy to make.
Wavy Layers Scrubbie
Yarn: 100% cotton
Crochet Hook: I (5.5mm)
Misc: yarn needle for securing ends.
1. With an I hook and yarn, start with a magic circle of 6 sts (or preferred method for starting a circle of 6 sc sts), pull closed and place a marker for working in the round. (6sts)
2. 2sc in each st to end of round. (12sts)
NOTE: Work in BLO (back loops only) for rounds 3-6.
3. 2hdc in each st to end of round. (24sts)
4. *hdc, 2hdc in next st*, repeat to end of round. (36sts)
5. *hdc 2, 2hdc in next st*, repeat to end of round. (48sts)
6. *hdc 3, 2hdc in next st*, repeat to end of round. (60sts)
7. Ch 1, turn. Working in front loops (starting one round below), sc in each stitch, spiraling around, to starting center. Sl st in last st. See photos below (first photo is starting of round, second photo is end of round).
8. Ch 1, turn, sc in next st, (sc, hdc) in next st, *2hdc in next st, hdc*, repeat a total of 8 times, *2dc in next st, dc*, repeat, spiraling around, until 1 st remains, hdc in last st. Finish off and weave in ends.
9. Attach yarn to center st as shown in photo below. You will be working to the left.
10. *Sl st in next st, ch 1*, repeat, spiraling around, until 1 st remains. Sl st in last st. Finish off and weave in ends.