If you need a dish or wash cloth that will hold up again tough scrubbing, this is for you. The stitch pattern creates a dense weave to tackle even hard jobs.
Sturdy and Purdy Wash Cloth
Yarn: Red Heart Creme de la Creme 100% cotton
Misc: yarn needle for securing ends.
1. With H hook and cotton yarn, ch 25, sc in 2nd ch from hook and each ch across. (24sts)
2. Ch 1, turn, sc in same st, *sl st in next st, dc in next st*, repeat until 1 st remains, sc in last st.
3. Ch 1, turn, sc in same st, *sl st in next st (top of dc from previous row), dc in space below sl st from previous row*, repeat until one st remains, sc in last st.
4. Repeat previous row until desired length (sample is square). Note: “dc in space below sl st” is worked between bumps from previous row.
5. Ch 1, turn, sc in each st to end of row. Finish off and weave in ends.
As part of my quest to work on gifts throughout the year I will be sharing a different scrubbie pattern each week throughout 2015.
All featured scrubbie patterns will be on the “DIY cleaning & Organizing” Board.
Please click the share buttons below to spread the word about this free pattern.
This pattern is copyrighted to snappytots and may not be copied for resale in part or whole. It is illegal to post this pattern online or share with others without written consent from Heidi Yates. Items created from this pattern MAY be sold. Please include a link to snappy-tots.com if selling online.
Visit Snappy Tots on facebook for giveaways, new release announcements, events and fun. If you enjoyed this pattern, please check out the complete line of Snappy patterns.