This week’s scrubbie is made from a stitch I first used on the wings of my “hoot and waddle” pattern. The “feather” side is puffy and the back is perfect for scrubbing.
Puffy Waffles Cloth
Click HERE to add this to your Ravelry favorites.
cotton yarn – some cotton yarns are lighter weight than others and may create a slightly different look.
Samples were made using Red Heart Creme de la Creme Yarn
size: 6.5 x 5.5″
1. With H hook and yarn color of choice, ch 21, sc in 2nd ch from hook and in each ch across. (20sts)
2. Work in BLO for this row. Ch 1, turn, sl st in same st, 2hdc in next st, sl st in next st, 2hdc in next st, repeat to end of row.
3. Work in remaining loops from previous row. Ch 1, turn, sc in each st across. (20sts)
Note: After turning at the beginning of odd numbered rows, pull “petals” towards you so you can see the remaining loops to work into.
4. Ch 1, turn. Work in BLO for this row. Sl st in same st, 2hdc in next st, sl st in next st, 2hdc in next st, repeat to end of row.
- Work in remaining loops from previous row. Ch 1, turn, sc in each st across. (20sts)
Repeat steps 4-5 until cloth is 5.5″ from starting edge or desired length.
Border: Change yarn color if desired. This step is worked around outer edge of cloth. Ch 1, turn, sc in each st to end of row, 3sc in corner st. Pivot piece to work along next side. Sc evenly to corner, work 3sc in corner st. Repeat two more times, sl st to join. Finish off and weave in end.
As part of my quest to work on gifts throughout the year I will be sharing a different scrubbie pattern each week throughout 2015.
All featured scrubbie patterns will be on the “DIY cleaning & Organizing” Board.
Follow other snappy boards for gift making ideas and random quirkiness! Here are a few: Rocking Out The Projects, Gifts to crochet/make
Please click the share buttons below to spread the word about this free pattern.
Visit Snappy Tots on facebook for giveaways, new release announcements, events and fun. If you enjoyed this pattern, please check out the complete line of Snappy patterns.