I’ve been wanting to try the new Evermore yarns by Red Heart Yarns. A few weeks ago they sent me some yarns to try and I was excited to see two skeins of this beautiful yarn.
I first used a P hook and I really like how it was turning out.
I soon realized I would need a couple more skeins to continue with this hook so I pulled it out and went to a smaller hook. Unfortunately (or lucky for my bank account), the closest stores with this yarn are thirty minutes away and I wanted to get it finished.
I LOVE the look of this stitch and how it turned out with the yarn. It was really fun to make too. If you make one please let me know. I would love to see it.
Kelly’s Scarf Crochet Pattern
Materials and Details
- Yarn: 2-3 skeins Red Heart Yarns Evermore in Emerald Isle (substitute with a bulky yarn or thin super bulky)
- Crochet: M/N 9mm hook or size needed for yarn
- Measurement: 5.5″ wide x desired length
Special Stitch – Bean Stitch: Insert hook in next st, YO and pull up a loop (2 loops on hook), YO in same stitch and pull up a loop (4 loops on hook), YO in same stitch once more and pull up a loop (6 loops on hook), YO and pull through all 6 loops on hook, ch 1 to complete stitch.
The sample was made using two skeins of yarn. It is 52″ long. At this length, the ends could be sewn together to create a circle scarf. If left ad a regular scarf I would personally prefer it to be longer. Fringe could be added to the bottom edge as well.
1. With an m/n hook, ch 11, sc in 2nd ch from hook and across. (10sts)
2. Ch 2, turn, hdc in same st, *sk 1, bean st in next st*, repeat until 1 st remains, hdc in last st.
3. Keep repeating step 2 until desired length.
4. When the scarf is desired length, ch 1, turn, sc in each st to end of row. Finish off and weave on ends.