Sometimes I create a stitch combo that I enjoy so much that I have to make matching designs. This is how my “Abigail” collection came to be. This cozy cowl is fun to make plus it has a wonderful texture.
Matching patterns you might enjoy
Abigail’s Cowl Crochet Pattern
The pattern is available for free below. An ad-free, downloadable pdf is available for a small fee from my Ravelry Shop.
Materials and Details
- Yarn: Bernat Baby Blanket Yarn in choice of color (110 yards)
- Crochet Hook: M/N (9mm)
- Miscellaneous: Yarn needle
- Size: One Size, 6.5” tall x 14” wide (measured flat)
Special Stitch: FPSC – front post single crochet
Each row has 14sts. Check stitch count occasionally to make sure you keep the correct amount.
1. With N hook and super bulky weight yarn color of choice, ch 15, sc in 2nd ch from hook and in each ch across. (14sts)
2. Ch 2, turn, hdc in same st, sk 2, (sc, hdc, dc) in next st, repeat until 1 st remains, hdc in last st.
3. Ch 2, turn, hdc in same st, sk 2, (sc, hdc, dc) in next st, repeat until 1 st remains, hdc in last st.
4-5. Ch 1, turn, sc in same st, sc 12 in BLO, sc in last st.
Repeat steps 2-5 until 11 sections have been made. Finish off, leaving a tail for sewing edges together.
Fold strip with right sides together. The right side has more pronounced vertical ridges and clusters.
Line up short edges. With yarn needle and yarn tail, sew short edges together.