My son loves the little water squirter bath toys and needed a bag to put them in to dry between baths. I thought I would try Red Heart Scrubby yarn so he can use it as a loofah during the bath too. It turned out just how I’d hoped!
Some have asked if the yarn is hard to work with. The stitches aren’t as easy to see as regular yarn, but that’s what is so nice about this bag! Most of the bag is made by working into those big openings so it is easy and works up quickly.
Bath Scrubby Bag
Please click HERE to add this to your Ravelry favorites.
Materials and Details
Yarn: Red Heart Scrubby Yarn (80 yards)
Crochet Hook: J
Miscellaneous: yarn needle for weaving in ends
Measurement: 5″ wide (flat) x 10″ tall
1. With J hook and Scrubby yarn, ch 2, work 8 hdc in 2nd ch from hook, sl st to join. (8sts)
2. Ch 2, 2hdc in each st to end of round, sl st to join. (16sts)
3. Ch 2, *hdc, 2hdc in next st*, repeat to end of round, sl st to join. (24sts)
4. Ch 2, *hdc, 2hdc in next st*, repeat to end of round, sl st to join. (36sts)
5. Bottom of bag complete. *ch 5, sk 2 sts, sl st in next st*, repeat to end of round. The last sl st of the repeat is worked into the first loop of the round. (12 loops)
6. *ch 5, sc in next loop*, repeat to end of round.
Keep repeating until bag is 9″ long or desired length.
7. Ch 5, sl st in next loop. Ch 2 (counts as a st), hdc in same loop, *3hdc in next loop, 2hdc in next loop*, repeat until one loop remains, 3hdc in last loop, sl st in beginning ch 2 to join. (30sts)
8. Ch 2, hdc in each st to end of round, sl st to join. (30sts)
9. This step creates the hanger/loop. Ch 30, sc in next st on rim of bag. Sc in each st to end of round. Sc 30 around chain, sl st in next st on rim. Finish off and secure yarn tail.
Please Share Your Pix
I LOVE to see your creations from Snappy patterns. When sharing, please include #snappytots so we can find your pix.
Please contact the designer with any questions, comments or concerns. Help with this pattern is available through email. Heidi@snappy-tots.com.
Items made from Snappy Tots’ patterns MAY be sold. Please include a link to snappy-tots.com if selling online.
Making variations from this pattern is great, but the pattern may NOT be sold. ALL parts of this pattern belond to Snappy Tots.
All text and graphics/photos are Copyright ©2016 Snappy Tots by Heidi Yates, all rights reserved. No pattern may be reproduced or distributed, in part or whole by any means, without written permission. Finished products created from this pattern may be sold. Please include reference to www.snappy-tots.com as pattern source when possible.
Get the latest snappiness!