Years ago a friend of my mom’s made several snowflakes from crocheted cotton. I still have them on my tree each year and I LOVE them. Over the years I have added a couple, but often the patterns are hard to follow or require stiffening.
I am SO EXCITED about this week’s snowflake because it is EASY and turns out ready to hang when you are done.
With only three rounds, this pattern works up super quick. I used RHSS worsted weight yarn and an I (5.5mm) hook. It ended up measuring 5.5″ from tip to tip. These are perfect for hanging on a tree, tying on packages, decorating windows, adding to beanies, headbands, and so much more.
The designer made several different sizes by using different materials. You need to see her creations! So pretty. Scroll down for the free pattern link and an offer from the designer.
The Ornament Quest
Each Thursday in 2021, join me in making a different ornament so we can have a fun collection at the end of the year. All of the weekly ornaments will be free to view online. The links will be added to my “Calendar of Events” page for easy access.
- Weeks 1 & 2: The first two Thursdays of each month will feature a variety of ornaments.
- Week 3: Since there are many cute snowflakes I have chosen to feature a different one on the third Thursday of each month. These will be fun to hang in a window as well as on a tree.
- Week 4: I also like using ornaments as gift tags so on the fourth Thursday of each month I will feature an ornament that I think would be cute on a package. You can choose to do whatever you would like tho.
- Extra: Since there are TONS of really cute paid ornaments, I will be featuring those any time there is a fifth Thursday. Please remember patterns are not to be shared. Selling patterns is how designers make a living.
How the ornaments are chosen: I asked in our snappy facebook group, “Totally Snappy“, for people to share links to ornaments they had seen and wish to make. I also wrote down some of my favorite ornaments people had made in our last ornament swap.
About The Pattern
I really enjoyed making this snowflake. The pattern is well written and easy to follow. I LOVE that this is quick and turns out perfect without blocking. I will definitely be making more of these.
The list of materials below is from the designer’s pattern page. Please visit her page for the complete pattern. CLICK HERE for the free pattern on her blog.
SPECIAL OFFER: The designer is offering 50% off the downloadable pdf (making it just $1!) And all of the patterns in her shop are half price too. CLICK HERE for the snowflake pdf.
Coupon Code: LetItSnow
Discount: 50% off everything in her Ravelry store – CLICK HERE for her shop.
Terms: Ends 11:59pm Central time on 2/28/21 – please make sure the discount shows in your cart before you complete checkout – due to the fees involved accidental purchases will not be refunded.
- Any size yarn or thread (yardage will vary based on size and gauge)
- Hook in a comfortable size for your yarn
- Yarn needle
- Fabric stiffener or school glue (optional)