I love granny squares so when I stumbled across this amazing “Granny Square Stocking” a few years ago it was an instant favorite. It took me some time to track down the pattern, because several of the links around the internet are no longer available, but luckily HERE IT IS! This cutie is fairly easy to make, but once you get the hang of it you will be whipping them out in no time.
This stocking is one that I feature on my “Countdown Calendar“. If you like making ornaments I hope you will check out that project.
The Ornament Quest
Each Thursday in 2021, join me in making a different ornament so we can have a fun collection at the end of the year. All of the weekly ornaments will be free to view online. The links will be added to my “Calendar of Events” page for easy access.
- Weeks 1 & 2: The first two Thursdays of each month will feature a variety of ornaments.
- Week 3: Since there are many cute snowflakes I have chosen to feature a different one on the third Thursday of each month. These will be fun to hang in a window as well as on a tree.
- Week 4: I also like using ornaments as gift tags so on the fourth Thursday of each month I will feature an ornament that I think would be cute on a package. You can choose to do whatever you would like tho.
- Extra: Since there are TONS of really cute paid ornaments, I will be featuring those any time there is a fifth Thursday. Please remember patterns are not to be shared. Selling patterns is how designers make a living.
How the ornaments are chosen: I asked in our snappy facebook group, “Totally Snappy“, for people to share links to ornaments they had seen and wish to make. I also wrote down some of my favorite ornaments people had made in our last ornament swap.
Granny Square Stocking Ornament Free Pattern
By Allen Williams
The pattern for this ornament is available for free on the designer’s blog: Granny Square Stocking Ornament
This is one of my all time favorite ornaments to make. It has been a favorite in many ornament swaps and craft fairs too. It is easy and quick to make. They are cute with a few cinnamon sticks sticking out of the top.
The list of materials below is from the designer’s pattern page.
- Hook Size: G/6 (4.25MM)
- Yarn: Worsted Weight, 4-Ply in three colors. Great use for scrap yarn since very little is needed to make the Christmas stocking.
- Finished Size: Stocking is approximately 4.5 inches tall.
Pin To Save For Later
If you enjoyed this project…
Follow along with our ornament quest and get all of the links from one place, my Calendar of Events page: https://snappy-tots.com/calendar-of-events/