This snowflake is going to make a nice addition to our collection and I love that the pattern calls for worsted weight yarn and a G hook! I am finding that a lot of snowflakes are made from crochet cotton and then heavily starched. While this one, designed by Naztazia, does include a suggestion for starching, it has enough body that it would be fine without.
After a little bit of struggle I was able to finish my snowflake. Not sure it is absolutely correct, but that’s the great things about snowflakes, no two are alike!
The Ornament Quest
Each Thursday in 2021, join me in making a different ornament so we can have a fun collection at the end of the year. All of the weekly ornaments will be free to view online. The links will be added to my “Calendar of Events” page for easy access.
- Weeks 1 & 2: The first two Thursdays of each month will feature a variety of ornaments.
- Week 3: Since there are many cute snowflakes I have chosen to feature a different one on the third Thursday of each month. These will be fun to hang in a window as well as on a tree.
- Week 4: I also like using ornaments as gift tags so on the fourth Thursday of each month I will feature an ornament that I think would be cute on a package. You can choose to do whatever you would like tho.
- Extra: Since there are TONS of really cute paid ornaments, I will be featuring those any time there is a fifth Thursday. Please remember patterns are not to be shared. Selling patterns is how designers make a living.
How the ornaments are chosen: I asked in our snappy facebook group, “Totally Snappy“, for people to share links to ornaments they had seen and wish to make. I also wrote down some of my favorite ornaments people had made in our last ornament swap.
How to Crochet a Snowflake Free Pattern
The pattern for this ornament is available for free on the designer’s blog: Naztazia Snowflake
I really struggled to figure out the written instructions for this snowflake. I am SO GLAD she has a video to go along with it and I HIGHLY suggest watching tit. I am still not sure mine is 100% correct but I couldn’t have made it past the first round without the video. It also isn’t a project to do while people are talking to you. At least, I needed to concentrate. lol
The list of materials below is from the designer’s pattern page. Please visit her page for the complete pattern. CLICK HERE for the free pattern on her blog.
- 15 yards worsted weight cotton yarn
- Crochet Hook: G (4-4.25mm)
Visit The Designer Online
Pin To Save For Later
If you enjoyed this project…
Follow along with our ornament quest and get all of the links from one place, my Calendar of Events page: https://snappy-tots.com/calendar-of-events/