This square, textured cloth was designed to match my Happy Hanging Towel. I hope you will enjoy this set.
Happy Washcloth Pattern
- Yarn: worsted weight cotton yarn in 1-2 colors (100 yards total)
- Sample was created using Red Heart Scrubby Smoothie yarn in Waves and Caribbean colors.
- Crochet Hook: I
- Finished Measurements: 10” x 10”
- First stitch of each row is worked into the same stitch as the turning chain.
- Numbers at the beginning of each line may refer to steps and not indicate number of rows.
- Stitch count remains the same unless noted at end of line.
- With an I hook and color A (variegated yarn in sample), ch 37, sc in 2nd ch from hook and in each ch across. (36sts)
2-3. Ch 2, turn, hdc in same st, sk 2, (sc, hdc, dc) in next st, repeat until 2 sts remain, hdc 2.
4-5. Ch 1, turn, sc in same st, sc in BLO of each st until 1 st remains, sc in last st.
Note: steps 2-5 create one “section”.
6. Repeat steps 2-5 until there are 6 sections.
7. Repeat steps 2-3.
8. Ch 1, turn, sc in each st to end of row.
9. This step is worked around outer edge of cloth. Change to contrasting yarn. Ch 1, 2sc in same st, sc evenly along side of cloth to corner. Work 3sc in corner. Sc in each st across beginning edge of cloth, working 3sc in last st, sc evenly along side of cloth, working 3sc in corner. Sc in each st across last edge of cloth, sl st to join.
10. Ch 1, sl st in next st, ch 1, repeat around outer edge. Sl st at end of round. Finish off and weave in ends.