This little 3″ applique adds a cute, seasonal touch to a beanie, bag, headband, and more. I hope you will enjoy making this little pumpkin.
October Patch Crochet Pattern
This pattern is available for free below.
FREE FOR 72 hours: CLICK HERE to download the pdf of this pattern for free until 10/1/22. This pattern is not currently on Ravelry.
- Yarn: Small amounts of worsted weight yarn in red, black, white, orange, green
- Crochet Hook: H (5mm)
- Miscellaneous Supplies: Yarn needle
Directions – Pumpkin
1. With an H hook and orange yarn, ch 10, 2sc in the 2nd ch from hook, sc 7, 2sc in the last ch. (11sts)
2. Ch 1, turn, 2sc in the same st, sc 9, 2sc in the last st. (13sts)
3-4. Ch 1, turn, sc in the same st and in each st across.
5. Ch 1, turn, sc2tog, sc 9, sc2tog. (11sts)
6. Ch 1, turn, sc2tog, sc 7, sc2tog. (9sts)
7-8. Ch 1, turn, sc in the same st and in each st across.
9. Ch 1, turn, sc2tog, sc 5, sc2tog. (7sts)
10. Ch 1, turn, sc2tog, sc 3, sc2tog. (5sts)
11. Finish off the orange yarn. Attach green yarn to the 2nd st from the right. Ch 1, sc in the same st, sc 2.
12. Ch 1, turn, sc2tog, sc. (2sts)
13. Ch 2, turn, sc in the same st, sl st in the next st. Ch 1, sl st in the side of the stem, sl st in the same st on the pumpkin. Finish off and weave in ends.
Vine: With an H hook and green yarn, ch 12, *3sc in the 2nd ch from hook, sc in next ch*, repeat until 1 st remains, 3sc in the last st. Finish off and weave in ends.
Use a piece of matching yarn to sew the middle of the vine piece to the base of the stem at the side.
Face: Use a yarn needle and white yarn to stitch the eyes in place, red yarn for the nose and black yarn for the smile and pupils.