We’ve all purchased yarn that we LOVE, just because it is wonderful. I was shopping at a local dime store and found Red Heart Super Tweed. I picked up a couple of skeins, Smokey and Pinkberry. The other night I needed a quick and easy project to work on while in the car. This headwrap was born.
Are you on Ravelry? Please add the “Button Up Headwrap” pattern to your library and click the heart on the listing if you enjoyed the pattern.
Yarn: Worsted weight yarn in choice of color.
Grey Sample: Red Heart Super Tweed; Pink Sample: Red Heart Super Saver Rouge
Crochet Hook: J
Miscellaneous: yarn needle; 1 large button or 2 different sized buttons to stack, sewing needle and matching thread
Size: Teen/Adult. 3.25″ wide x 43″ long (instructions for a thinner band included)
1. With J hook and worsted weight yarn color of choice, ch 119. tr in 4th ch from hook and in each chain across. (116sts)
2. For this step, the 5dc clusters are worked in the space between posts as shown in the photos below. Between clusters there should be 5 posts (4 spaces).
Ch 2, turn, dc in same st, *sk 2 spaces between posts, 5dc between next posts (see photos below), sk 2 spaces between posts*, repeat to end of row, work 2dc in last st. (23 full clusters)
3. Ch 2, turn, 3dc in first space, 5dc in space between each cluster until 1 space remains, 3dc in last space, dc in last st. (117sts)
4. Ch 3, turn, tr in same st, 3tr in first space, 5tr in space between each cluster until 1 space remains, 3tr in last space, 2tr in last st. End here for a thinner band (2.75″ wide)
5. This step is worked around entire outer edge of band, creating a nice finished edge. Ch 1, sc in each st to end of row. Do not turn. Working across short end of band, 3sc around first bar (created from tr row), 2sc around next bar, 2sc around next bar, 3sc around last bar. Sc in each st along next long edge of band. Working across short end of band, 3sc around first bar (created from tr row), 2sc around next bar, 2sc around next bar, 3sc around last bar. This is the right side of the band.
Finish off and weave in ends.
With yarn needle and matching yarn OR sewing needle and thread, sew a large button to one end of headwrap on right side.
How to wear band: Lay band on head with right side (with button) facing up. Slide band so center is slightly to the side. Wrap both ends behind the head, cross and back to front. Slip button through a space on opposite end of band.
Common Crochet Abbreviations Ch – chain Sl st – slip stitch St – stitch Hdc – half double crochet Sp – space; sps – spaces Dc – double crochet Sc – single crochet Trc –treble/triple crochet ** – repeat instructions between, as many times as indicated
This pattern is copyrighted to snappytots and may not be copied for resale in part or whole. It is illegal to post this pattern online or share with others without written consent from Heidi Yates. Items created from this pattern MAY be sold. Please include a link to snappy-tots.com if selling online.
If you enjoyed this pattern, please add it to your Ravelry library and share using one of the media links below.
I hope you will check out the complete line of Snappy patterns and visit Snappy Tots on facebook for giveaways, new release announcements, events and fun.