Now “Ducke and Goose” can cheer on their favorite sports team with a beanie.
Watch for more fancy outfits to come each month. You can find more “Ducke and Goose” patterns at THIS LINK.
Goose Beanie Crochet Pattern
- Yarn: ww yarn in two colors
- Yarns used in the sample: RHSS Blue and Bright Yellow
- Crochet Hook: I (5.5mm)
- Supplies: Yarn needle for weaving in ends
- Optional: Measuring tape, scissors
- First stitch of each row is worked into the same stitch as the turning chain unless noted.
- Numbers at the beginning of each line may refer to steps and not indicate number of rows.
- Stitch count remains the same unless noted at end of row/round.
- If you have any questions about this pattern please contact [email protected].
This starts at the top of the beanie.
1. With an I hook and ww yarn (blue in sample), start with a magic circle of 8 sc sts (or preferred method of creating a circle of 8 sc sts), pull closed and sl st to join. (8sts)
2. Ch 1, 2sc in each st to end of round, sl st to join. (16sts)
3. Ch 1, *sc, 2sc in the next st*, repeat to end of round, sl st to join. (24sts)
4. Ch 1, sc in each st to end of round, sl st to join.
5. Ch 1, *hdc 3, 2hdc in the next st*, repeat to end of round, sl st to join. (28sts)
6. Ch 1, *FPHDC around the next post, BPHDC around the next post*, repeat to end of round, sl st to join.
7. This step starts the first earflap. Ch 1, sc in the same st, sc 5. (6sts) Leave the remaining sts unworked.
8. Ch 1, turn, sc2tog, sc 2, sc2tog. (4sts)
9. Ch 1, turn, sc2tog, sc2tog. (2sts)
10. Ch 1, turn, sc2tog. Finish off and weave in end.
11. Skip 8 sts on the bottom edge of the hat. Attach yarn. Ch 1, sc in the same st, sc 5. (6sts) Leave the remaining sts unworked.
12. Repeat steps 8-10.
Pompom: Cut a piece of blue yarn 10″ long and set aside. This will be used to tie around the middle of the pompom. Hold one strand of each color (yellow and blue in sample) and wrap around 3 of your fingers (or something similar in size). Wrap around your fingers 10 times. Cut the yarn, slide the loops off of your fingers carefully, and place on a flat surface. Wrap the 10″ piece of yarn around the middle of the pompom loops and tie a knot. Hold the yarn tails from the center piece and trim the pompom until the size and shape you would like. Use the yarn tails to sew the pompom to the top center of your beanie.
Braids: Cut 4 strands of blue and 6 strands of yellow yarn 18″ long. Divide the strands into 2 sets.
Pull the ends of one set of yarn strands (2 blue and 3 yellow) through the tip of one earflap until the ends are even with each other. Divide into 1 section blue and 2 sections of yellow. Braid. Then tie a knot near the bottom of the braid.
Repeat for the second braid.