I love making a hat or headband for gifts and including a bunch of flowers in a variety of colors. It is always a big hit.
Fast & Fun flower
Small amounts of yarn in various colors for flowers
Size H hook, or your choice of size for larger or smaller flowers
Directions for Button-On Flower:
1. Ch 5, join to create a circle. DO NOT pull to close hole. Determine how big your opening needs to be for the button. I leave it how it is for a ¾” button.
2. Ch 9, Sc into the loop, Repeat, making 8 loops total.
3. Pull loops forward and working behind row 2, Ch 3, Sc around the original circle from the beginning, in the middle of each “Ch 9 loop”. Ch 3, Sc between next loop. Repeat, making 8 loops total. Join with a sl st to first ch.
4. Ch 3, 3 Tr, Ch 3, Sl st in each loop around, making 8 petals. Fasten off.
Directions for Flower without opening in center:
1. Ch 5, join to create a circle. Pull taught to close hole. OR I prefer to start with a ch 5 magic loop because you can pull the hole completely closed.
2-4. Repeat as above.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Common Crochet Abbreviations
Ch – chain Sl st – slip stitch
St – stitch Hdc – half double crochet
Sp – space; sps – spaces Dc – double crochet
Sc – single crochet Trc –treble/triple crochet
** – repeat instructions between, as many times as indicated
This pattern is copyrighted to snappytots and may not be copied for resale in part or whole. It is illegal to post this pattern online or share with others without written consent from Heidi Yates. Items created from this pattern MAY be sold. Please include a link to snappy-tots.com if selling online.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Are you on Ravelry? Please add the “Fast and Fun Flower” pattern to your library and click the heart on the listing if you enjoyed the pattern.