My son and I painted a wooden bench for our front yard and it was a little plain. I thought some crocheted stars would add a cute, country touch.
Each star would make a cute scrubby, embellishment or applique too.
Worsted weight yarn in choice of colors (use cotton yarn for scrubbies)
Crochet Hook: I
Miscellaneous: yarn needle for weaving in ends.
- With I hook and yarn, start with a magic circle of 5 sts (or preferred method for starting a circle of 5 sc sts), join and pull closed. (5sts)
- Ch 1, 2 sc in each stitch to end of round, sl st to join. (10sts)
- Ch 1, hdc, 2 hdc in next st, repeat to end of round, sl st to join. (15 sts)
- ch5, sc in 2nd ch from hook, (working down the ch 5) sc, hdc, dc, sk 1 sc on circle, sl st 2, repeat to end of round.
- sc 4, ch 2 (at tip of star point), sc 4, sc2tog (between two points), repeat to end of round.
- sc 4, 3hdc in ch 2 space, sc 4, sl st (between two points), repeat to end of round. Finish off and weave in ends.
For the garland I made 5 stars and then tied the points together with matching yarn. Cut two pieces of yarn 8″ long and thread through a star point at each end. Tie a bow. Use these to hang the garland.
Please click the share buttons below to spread the word about this free pattern.
Visit Snappy Tots on facebook for giveaways, new release announcements, events and fun. If you enjoyed this pattern, please check out the complete line of Snappy patterns.