Each year a friend of mine does an ornament exchange. I wanted to make something unique and cute, but simple since I needed to make 28. I like how this little tree turned out. For the exchange I wrapped the tree around a brown glittery “icicle” I found at walmart. They would also be cute wrapped around cinnamon sticks.
For our “Countdown to Christmas Calendar“ I wanted to crochet most of the ornament. I hope you will enjoy making this whimsical little tree.
Yarn: Worsted weight in two shades of green, brown
Crochet Hook: G, H
Miscellaneous: Yarn needle
1. With H hook and dark green yarn, ch 21, 2sc in 2nd ch from hook, 3sc in each of the next 4 chs, 3hdc in each of the next 5 chs, 3dc in each of the next 5 chs, 3tr in each of the next 5 chs.
2. Change to lime green yarn, ch 2, turn, hdc in same st and in each st until 9 sts remain, sc 8, sl st in last st. Ch 15, sl st in same st to create the hanger. Finish off and weave in ends.
1. With H hook and brown yarn, ch 12, hdc in 2nd ch from hook and in each ch across.
2. Ch 2, turn, hdc in each st to end of row. Finish off, leaving a long tail for sewing trunk edges together.
Fold trunk in half lengthwise. With yarn needle and yarn tail, sew edges together. Do not finish off. From the wider end of the tree, count in 4 sts along the beginning edge (dark green sts). With yarn needle and remaining yarn tail, sew trunk to this stitch.
1. With G hook and yellow yarn, start with a magic circle of 5 sts (or preferred method for starting a circle of 5 sc sts), join with a sl st.
2. *Ch 2, sl st in 2nd ch from hook, sl st in next st*, repeat to end of round. Finish off, leaving a tail for sewing start to top of tree.
With yarn needle and yarn tail, sew start to top of tree.
Ornaments: sew little beads or buttons along bright green edge.
Get the patterns for this crochet along delivered to your inbox so you won’t miss a thing!
PLEASE CLICK THE SHARE BUTTONS BELOW TO SPREAD THE WORD ABOUT THIS FREE PATTERN.
Visit Snappy Tots on facebook for giveaways, new release announcements, events and fun. If you enjoyed this pattern, please check out the complete line of Snappy patterns.
Get the latest snappiness!