Durable cloths that can actually be used as wash cloths and dish cloths, over and over, are my favorites. These are made with a spike stitch which makes the fabric more dense, plus they are easy to make.
These match my “Bee Happy Hanging Towel“, plus a larger version will be available soon too.
Drop Down Cloths Pattern
- Yarn: Lily Sugar N Cream Cotton. 100 yards cotton in choice of colors
- Crochet Hooks: H (5mm) or I (5.5mm)
- Miscellaneous: Yarn needle for weaving in ends
Finished Measurements: 9” square
Create custom sizes by adjusting beginning chain length. Just make sure to start with an odd number of chains.
1. With an H hook and cotton yarn, ch 27, sc in 2nd ch from hook and in each ch across. (26sts)
2. Ch 1, turn, hdc in the same st, *dc in next st, sc in next st*, repeat until 1 st remains, hdc in last st.
3. Ch 1, turn, hdc in same st, *dc in st one row below, sc in next st (on current row)*, repeat until 1 st remains, hdc in st.
4. Repeat previous row until cloth is square or desired length.
5. Ch 1, turn, sc in each st to end of row. Finish off and weave in ends.