I killed my alter ego!!! The one thing I have hated about google + is that I have a profile for each gmail account and couldn’t get rid of it. People would follow both. WELL i found out how to kill her! MUAH HA HA
I have been scared to try any suggestions for getting rid of unwanted profiles because knowing me I would end up deleting the email account. I have two gmail addresses, one for business and one for personal. Google plus made a profile for both. Crazy. Not only is it confusing for you it is to your friends, family and followers too. You could be missing out on business opportunities if your customers are following the wrong “you”. Grandma won’t get to see those pix you are sharing because she is following a page you forgot was even there (that was us).
Here is how I delete the google+ PROFILE, NOT the email account.
*Disclaimer: if you log in to the wrong account and delete your main profile do not blame me. I am not responsible if you do not follow each step.
- Sign into the google profile you do NOT want. Double check and make sure you are in the extra account. Did you check?
- If you are signed into the account you do NOT want a google + profile for then click on your profile picture in the upper right hand corner. Then click on “account” when the little box pops up (like the graphic below).
- A page that looks like this…except with YOUR info and pix….should come up. Click on “data tools“.
- Click on “Delete Google+ profile and features“.
- A page that looks like this will pop up. STOP AND READ this. Seriously. If you only read one page from start to finish this week this is the one to read.
Again, Heidi is not responsible if you delete something you didn’t want to because YOU didn’t stop and read. I warned you, yep I did.
Please be aware that this will affect any Youtube subscriptions linked to this account. I didn’t have any (that I cared about) linked to the alter ego email so I was fine. HOWEVER, you might have some. CHECK FIRST.
- IF….IF…you have read through all of that page and the world won’t come to an end with those changes….WAIT…think you need a cup of coffee first? Maybe take a walk around the house and think about it.
Are you back and ready to delete that pesky unwanted extra “you” on google+? Let’s do it! Click the necessary boxes at the bottom and finish her/him off.
YAY. Now people won’t be aimlessly following your alter ego that you never wanted in the first place!