I am ready for spring and flowers in my yard. I added these colorful flowers to a gift card I made for a friend. I’ve added the instructions for my Handmade Gift Card so you can make one too.
They would be cute as pins or embellishments on anything.
Small Crocheted Flowers and Leaves
Yarn: Small amounts of cotton yarn. Samples were made from Red Heart Creme de la crem
Misc: 1 large button per flower, yarn needle
Instructions – Flowers
- With an H hook and yarn, start with a magic loop of 5 sts (or preferred method for starting a circle of 5 sc sts), pull closed and sl st to join. (5sts)
- Ch 2, 2hdc in each st to end of round, sl st to join. (10sts)
- Ch 2, *(dc, tr, dc) in next st, ch 2, sl st in next st*, repeat to end of round, creating 5 petals. Finish off, leaving a tail for sewing through button.
Pull both yarn tails to back of flower and tie in a knot. Use one yarn tail and a yarn needle to sew a button to the top for the flower center.
Repeat for additional flowers.
Instructions – Leaves
- With an H hook and green yarn, start with a magic loop of 8 sts (or preferred method for starting a circle of 8 sc sts), pull closed, but do not join. (8sts)
- (sc, hdc) in next st, dc in next st, ch 1, sc in side of dc, sc in same st as dc, sc in next st, sl st in next st.
- Finish off and weave in ends (unless tail is needed for sewing leaf to a project).
Please follow Snappy Tots on your favorites social media sites for giveaways, new release announcements, events and fun.
Check out my shop for almost 500 patterns!
Stay Up to Date with all things Snappy by receiving our weekly newsletter.
If you have any questions, comments or suggestions please
Get the latest snappiness!