While on vacation, I found the new Super Saver Primary and Neon Stripes yarns by Red Heart Yarns. I hadn’t seen them before and squealed right there in the store.
Whenever in a store that “might” have yarn, I always have to check. I grabbed one skein of each and had the perfect project in mind. Last year I designed bags, worked on a cup holder. We use these ALL the time. I forgot to bring them and we were definitely missing them.
Without the hangers, I decided to make similar bags that could flip over the door handle.
Great for carrying water bottles on a backpack, keeping a cell phone or supplies handy in the car or many other uses. Hold the handle next to where you want to attach, slip the bag through the handle and pull til handle is snug.
Super Stripes Baggies
Yarn: Red Heart Super Saver yarn in Neon Stripes and Primary Stripes
Crochet Hook: H
Miscellaneous: Yarn needle to weave in ends
1. Withan H hook and worsted weight yarn, start with a magic circle of 8 sts (or preferred method for starting a circle of 8 sc sts), pull closed and place marker for working in the round. (8sts)
2. 2sc in each st to end of round. (16 sts)
3. *sc, 2 sc in next st,* repeat to end of round. (24 sts)
4. *sc 2, 2 sc in next st,* repeat to end of round. (32 sts)
5. *sc 3, 2 sc in next st,* repeat to end of round. (40 sts)
6. *sc 4, 2 sc in next st*, repeat to end of round. (48 sts)
7. sc 3, *sc 5, 2sc in next st,* repeat until 3 sts remain, sc 2, 2sc in next st. (56 sts)
8. sc in next st, sl st in next st. This is the new beginning of the round. Ch 1. Sc in BLO of each st to end of round, sl st to join.
9. Ch 1, sc in each st to end of round, sl st to join.
10. For the next few rounds, we will be working in the round again. Place a marker at current spot. *sc 5, sc2tog*, repeat to end of round. Do not join. (48 sts)
11. *sc 14, sc2tog*, repeat to end of round. (45 sts)
12. Hdc in each st until bag is desired length.
Neon bag is 6″ tall. Primary bag is 8″ tall.
13. Sc in each st to end of round.
14. This step creates the handle. Ch 45, sk 10, sc in next st and in each st to end of round.
15. Sc in each st to end of round, working 1 sc in each ch of handle.
16-17. Sc in each st to end of round.
18. Sl st in next st. Finish off and weave in ends.
This pattern is copyrighted to snappytots and may not be copied for resale in part or whole. It is illegal to post this pattern online or share with others without written consent from Heidi Yates. Items created from this pattern MAY be sold. Please include a link to snappy-tots.com if selling online.
Visit Snappy Tots on facebook for giveaways, new release announcements, events and fun. If you enjoyed this pattern, please check out the complete line of Snappy patterns at http://shop.snappy-tots.com
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Get the latest snappiness!