It’s Nt’l bomb pop day! Get two of my favorite patterns for free today.
Use coupon code SWEET to get the big tote free until Friday, 6/30/17.
Summer will be here soon and time for fun little bags, waterbottle holders and a place to store sunglasses and cell phones. This little pocket bag measures 6.5″ tall by 4.5″ wide and was designed to match my “Sweet Treats Tote Bag”. The handle unbuttons to wrap around the tote’s handle.
This project uses the FPDC (front post double crochet) stitch. Here is a great video on post stitches from Moogly.
Little Sweet Treats Pocket Bag
Want to print a copy or save the file? Click the “print friendly” button at the bottom of this post.
Worsted weight yarn: Red Heart With Love in Holly Berry, White, Blue Hawaii and Khaki
Miscellaneous: one blue 3/4″ button, sewing needle and blue thread, yarn needle
With H hook and red yarn, start with a magic circle of 12 hdc sts (or preferred method for starting a circle of 12 hdc sts). Sl st to join and pull closed.
1. Ch 2, FPDC around post, directly below beginning chain (referred to as “same post” from now on.) See photo, below left, *hdc in next st, FPDC around same post*, repeat to end of round, sl st in top of first post to join (see arrow in photo, below right). (24 posts)
2. Ch 2, FPDC around same post, FPDC around next post, *hdc in next st, FPDC around same post, FPDC*, repeat to end of round, sl st in top of first post to join.(36 posts)
3. Ch 2, FPDC around next 2 posts, *hdc in next st, FPDC around next 2 posts*, repeat to end of round, slip st to join. (36 posts)
4. Repeat previous round until bag measures 3″ from starting edge. Change to white yarn and continue to repeat round 3 until WHITE section measures 2″. Change to blue yarn and continue to repeat round 3 until BLUE section measures 1.5″.
5. Ch 2, hdc in each st to end of round, sl st to join.
6. Ch 1, sc in each st to end of round, sl st to join. Finish off and weave in ends.
Finished length from end to end: 10.5”
1. With H hook and brown yarn, ch 36, sc in 2nd ch from hook and in each ch across. (35sts)
2. Ch 2, turn, dc in each st to end of row.
3. Ch 1, turn, sc in each st to end of row. Finish off and weave in ends.
Lay one end of handle INSIDE bag with bottom edge of handle approximately 1″ below top edge of bag. With BLUE yarn and yarn needle, sew handle to bag. With blue thread and sewing needle, sew button on the INSIDE of the bag, directly across from sewn on handle. The dc row of the handle will slip over the button.
If you have enjoyed this project, please check out the large tote bag, “Sweet Treats Tote” made to match! It is the perfect size for the beach, crochet projects, groceries and toys. It is made from a rib stitch, making it strong enough to even hold library books.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Common Crochet Abbreviations
Ch – chain Sl st – slip stitch
St – stitch Hdc – half double crochet
Sp – space; sps – spaces Dc – double crochet
Sc – single crochet Trc –treble/triple crochet
FPDC – Front Post Double Crochet
** – repeat instructions between, as many times as indicated
This pattern is copyrighted to snappytots and may not be copied for resale in part or whole. It is illegal to post this pattern online or share with others without written consent from Heidi Yates. Items created from this pattern MAY be sold. Please include a link to snappy-tots.com if selling online.
Visit Snappy Tots on facebook for giveaways, new release announcements, events and fun. If you enjoyed this pattern, please check out the complete line of Snappy patterns at http://shop.snappy-tots.com
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Are you on Ravelry? Please add the “Little Sweet Treats Bag” pattern to your library and click the heart on the listing if you enjoyed the pattern.